MidiYodi 2021.1 ( Halsteren, Jan 2021)
MidiYodi 2020.2 (Gaanderen, June 2020)
MidiYodi 2020.1 (Farmingdale, March 2020)
MidiYodi 2019.2 (Ealing, October 2019)
- Added column sorting to File Explorer
- Reintroduced User Guide in PDF-format.
MidiYodi 2019.1 (Daejeon, March 2019)
MidiYodi 2018.1 (Cagliari, January 2018)
- Added French translation (Thank’s to Christian Carré in Toulon)
- Reintroduced Norweigan language.
- Note: Language selection is made in the Preferences dialog. (MidiYodi has to be restarted afterwards)
MidiYodi 2017.2 (Balzan, April 2017)
- Bug fixed that on screen setup changes possibly could make MidiYodi windows appear ouside screen(s).
- Property file name changed – now reads
midiyodi.xml instead of
- Password algorithm changed. New license key will be needed in order to run this version.
(Registered license holders can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a new license key for free.)
MidiYodi 2017.1 (Aberdeen, Jan 2017)
- In addition to showing measure and beat the Beat column in the Event Examiner now also displays the tick within the beat
- Zooming level extended in Main Window, Keyboard Examiner and Score Examiner.
- Bug fixed that a “maximized” windows size was not saved and properly restored between MidiYodi invocations.
- Bug fixed that if a note duration is only a few ticks (like for some drum parts) the note was not drawn.
MidiYodi 3.3 (Nov 2016)
Major track editing enhancement has been added in the Main Window including possibility to:
- Add Track (CTRL/CMD+A) – Will add a new, empty track below the selected track (or at the end if no track is selected)
- Duplicate Track (CTRL/CMD+D) – Will make a copy of the currently selected track below it
- Move Track up (CTRL/CMD+UP) and down (CTRL/CMD+DOWN)
Minor changes to keyboard shortcuts:
- Key (UP) and (DOWN) selects previous and next track
- Key (+) and (-) increases and decreases measure with in Main Window, Keyboard- and Score examiner
- In addtion to the DELETE key the BACKSPACE key now alse deletes selected tracks or notes.
MidiYodi 3.2 (Aug 2016)
- Keyboard Examiner now includes note editing capabilities. Notes can be added, deleted, moved and copied. Notes can also have their duration, pitch and velocity changed.
- Event Examiner now has an auto-scroll option wich allows it to automatically scroll to where playback is located.
- When a selected event is deleted in the Event Examiner the next event will now be selected.
- Channel number is now displayed within parantheses for each track next to the track name. If more than one channel is represented on the track then an asterisk (*) is shown instead.
- Program numbers are now displayed as 1-128 instead of 0-127.
- MidiYodi now checks if there are any unsaved changes when closing MidiYodi.
- Window size are now saved between MidiYodi invocations for Event Examiner, Keyboard Examiner, Score Examiner & File selection dialog.
- MidiYodi User Guide has moved to Confluence (here!).
- MIDI files without Time Signature events did not show measure info.
- CC-numbers not defined by the MIDI standard may now be set.
- A selected section does no longer include first tick in beat after selection.
- MIDI files with PPQ higher than 999 is now possible to save.
MidiYodi 3.1 (Dec 2015)
- Look & Feel can now be changed for the application.
- Karaoke lyrics can now be displayed in a separate window.
- PPQN (pulse per quater note) set in a MIDI file may now be changed.
- A single track can now easily be saved in it’s own file
- Open MIDI file dialog restored. Now complements the MIDI File Examiner.
- Playback controls moved to top menu bar. Editing controls to bottom.
MidiYodi 3.0 (Aug 2014)
- Jukebox (playlist) introduced to manage sets of MIDI files to be played in sequence or loop.
- Feature to save selected tracks in separate MIDI files.
- Option to convert from filetype 1 to 0 or vice versa.
- Measure width adjustment control added to Main window.
- Karaoke lyrics and Text meta information lanes added to the Main window.
- Meta information lanes added to the Score/Keyboard Examiners.
- Shown meta information lanes customizable in the Preferences window.
- Controller names prefixed with their corresponding controller number.
- Auto explore option added to MIDI File Explorer.
- Drag-n-drop added to Main window and Jukebox.
- Online help added
- Keyboard shortcuts added to all windows.
- Tempo change dialog moved to menubar
- Transposition GUI changed in menubar
- Size and positions of Main window, MIDI File Explorer and Jukebox window are saved.
- Tracks are named after their first played instrument when “Trackified” (3.0.2)
MidiYodi 2.6 (Jan 2014)
- Selected sections of a song can now loop playback.
- A default MIDI-file to load can now be set in the Preference window.
- A single track can now be transposed one 8va up or down.
- Norwegians can now enjoy MidiYodi in their native language.
- Songs can now have loop playback without any selection. (2.6.1)