MidiYodi is an app that allows editing, examination, playback, conversion and splitting MIDI files.
idiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a MIDI file.
- Main Window
Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays miniature ‘notes’, instrument and a volume curve. In addition meta information lanes displays markers, tempos, time signatures, key signatures, lyrics and text.
- MIDI File Explorer
Scans folders and underlying folders for MIDI files and for each file filters and displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments, song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures.
- Keyboard Examiner
Allows editing of notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer.
- Score Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer.
- Event Examiner
Displays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system), type (note on/off, program change etc) and value.
- Lyrics Examiner
Displays karaoke lyrics if available in the MIDI file.
MIDI File Editing
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI file.
- MIDI file can be converted from type 0 to type 1 and vice versa.
- Notes can added, removed, copied, moved and have velocity and pitch changed.
- Tracks can be added, removed, copied and moved.
- All or selected tracks can be saved in separate MIDI files.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated.
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and individual tracks can be transposed in 8va’s.
- Song tempos can be altered.
- Song sections can be removed.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- Pulse Per Quarter Note (PPQN) can be changed.
- Bulk Editor allows setting tempo, time signature and channel instruments to multiple MIDI files
MIDI File Playback
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls.
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Entire or selected sections of a song can be played in repeat mode.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous meta lane event.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
MidiYodi provides a Jukebox that allows several MIDI files to be managed in playlistsand played sequentially.
- Open and save playlists.
- Add, remove and reorder MIDI files in playlist.
- Assign tempo, key and volume for each file to be used during playback.
- Start and stop playback of playlist.
- Selection of playback mode. (First-to-last, loop or one-by-one).
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features some via the Preferences dialog.
- Language selection
- Color theme selection.
- Default examiner selection. (displayed when a track is double-clicked)
- MIDI output device selection.
- Startup file to load when MidiYodi is launched.
- Meta information lanes to show in the main window and examiners.