MidiYodi is an application that allows editing, examination and playback of MIDI files.
MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi contains a rich set of features such as:
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a MIDI file.
- MIDI File Explorer
Scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments,
song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures. (View)
- Song and Tracks Overview
Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays miniature 'notes',
instrument and a volume curve. In addition meta events such as markers, tempos, time signatures and key signatures are visualized.
- Keyboard Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer. (View)
- Score Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer. (View)
- Event Examiner
Displays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system),
type (note on/off, program change etc) and value. (View)
MIDI File Editing
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI file.
- Single track files (type 0) can be "trackified" and converted (type 1).
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down.
- Tempo can be altered. (View)
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Tracks can be removed.
- Sections of the song can be cut out. (View)
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated. (View)
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- Save, Save As and Undo/Redo functionality included.
MIDI File Playback
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls.
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous marker, tempo- , time signature- or
key signature change.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features. (View)
- Default examiner (displayed when a track is double-clicked) selection.
- Color theme selection.
- Language selection
- MIDI Output device selection.
- Remebers the directory where you last opened a MIDI file.