MidiYodi is an application that allows examination, playback, editing and conversion of MIDI files.
MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi contains a rich set of features such as:
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a MIDI file.
- MIDI File Explorer
Scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments,
song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures. (View)
- Main Window
Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays miniature 'notes',
instrument and a volume curve. In addition meta information lanes displays markers, tempos, time signatures, key signatures, lyrics and text.
- Keyboard Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer. (View)
- Score Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer. (View)
- Event Examiner
Displays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system),
type (note on/off, program change etc) and value. (View)
MIDI File Editing
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI file.
- MIDI file can be converted from type 0 to type 1 and vice versa.
- All or selected tracks can be saved in separate MIDI files.(View)
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated. (View)
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and individual tracks can be transposed in 8va's
- Song tempos can be altered.
- Song sections can be removed.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Tracks can be removed.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
MIDI File Playback
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls.
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Entire or selected sections of a song can be played in repeat mode.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous meta lane event.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
Jukebox - Playlist Management
MidiYodi provides a Jukebox that allows several MIDI files to be managed in playlists and played sequentially.
- Open and save playlists.
- Add, remove and reorder MIDI files in playlist.
- Assign tempo, key and volume for each file to be used during playback.
- Start and stop playback of playlist.
- Selection of playback mode. (First-to-last, loop or one-by-one).
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features. (View)
- Language selection
- Color theme selection.
- Default examiner selection. (displayed when a track is double-clicked)
- MIDI output device selection.
- Startup file to load when MidiYodi is launched.
- Meta information lanes to show in the main window and examiners.