MidiYodi is a MIDI Editor that allows examination,
playback, editing and conversion of MIDI files.
MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including
Windows, Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi contains a rich set of features such as:
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and
content of a MIDI file.
- Main Window
Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a
measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays
miniature 'notes', instrument and a volume curve. In
addition meta information lanes displays markers, tempos,
time signatures, key signatures, lyrics and text. (View)
- MIDI File Explorer
Scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file
displays information such as type, number of tracks,
available instruments, song duration, tempo, key- and time
- Keyboard Examiner
Allows editing of notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer. (View)
- Score Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer. (View)
- Event Examiner
Displays all events for a track including event position
(beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system),
type (note on/off, program change etc) and value. (View)
- Lyrics Examiner
Displays karaoke lyrics if available in the MIDI file. (View)
MIDI File Editing
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and
structure of a MIDI file.
- Notes can added, removed, moved and copied and have velocity and pitch changed.
- MIDI file can be converted from type 0 to type 1 and
- All or selected tracks can be saved in separate MIDI
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added
or updated. (View)
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and
individual tracks can be transposed in 8va's.
- Song tempos can be altered.
- Song sections can be removed.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume
- Tracks can be removed.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to
- Pulse Per Quarter Note (PPQN) can be changed.
MIDI File Playback
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls.
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape
- Entire or selected sections of a song can be played
in repeat mode.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or
jump to the next/previous meta lane event.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
Jukebox - Playlist
MidiYodi provides a Jukebox that allows
several MIDI files to be managed in playlists and played
- Open and save playlists.
- Add, remove and reorder MIDI files in playlist.
- Assign tempo, key and volume for each file to be
used during playback.
- Start and stop playback of playlist.
- Selection of playback mode. (First-to-last, loop or
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features.
- Language selection
- Color theme selection.
- Default examiner selection. (displayed when a track
- MIDI output device selection.
- Startup file to load when MidiYodi is launched.
- Meta information lanes to show in the main window